Home Inspections with Thermal Imaging in Hampton, NH, and Beyond
Thermal imaging is an advanced & newer technology that inspectors use to get temperature details about a home, and assess how protected against environmental elements the home is.
What Thermal Imaging Is & Used For:
Infrared technology is changing home inspections dramatically and protecting homeowners – or soon to be homeowners – from costly issues. Infrared technology is used to scan a home & see the various temperatures that occur within the home.
A thermal camera is used to capture temperature images of a home’s surfaces, which is otherwise invisible to the naked eye. Thermal scans are a non-disruptive method of scanning a surface to find potential problems like heat escaping through cracks & crevices, frigid incoming air, or moisture that may be leaking inside.
The temperatures captured by the camera are measured and calculated. The results give the homeowners or buyers a clear picture of the home and how that relates to its condition or overall efficiency.
Why Do I Need a Thermal Imaging Inspection?
Thermal imagery provides an immediate look at the condition of the home, without having to tear anything apart to see inside of walls.
Thermal Inspections Can Reveal:
- The placement of studs and rafters that might not be to the code
- Water penetration into roofs and ceiling surfaces
- Moisture build up in building materials
- Detection of missing or insufficient insulation
- Electrical issues at points like breaker boxes, outlets, and switches
- Detect plumbing & piping and their proper/improper installation
- Impact on energy efficiency
- Detection of pests